[fptex] News

Richard Stanton stanton@haas.berkeley.edu
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:02:30 -0800

I'm still a little confused about using TeXSetup...

I downloaded the full package using getfptex. I ran the program with no
command line options, selected "Custom", then selected what I wanted. In
particular, I selected lots of the extra packages such as psutils, Imagick,
netpbm etc. Some of these were installed and some weren't, and I can't quite
understand why, since at first glance they all seem to be on my hard drive.
What am I missing? It would be great to be able to do the entire
installation in one go, rather than having to go back and install lots of
separate packages.

Richard Stanton
Associate Professor of Finance
Haas School of Business
U.C. Berkeley
545 Student Services Building #1900
Berkeley, CA 94720-1900

tel. (510) 642-7382
fax. (510) 643-1420
email: stanton@haas.berkeley.edu
Web: http://haas.berkeley.edu/~stanton

http://www.fptex.org/
- at least 3 points will be reworked :
  * implement a performance hack for kpathsea
  * enhanced windvi
  * new texsetup (better package handling, better network code)

Happy TeXing,

--
Fabrice Popineau