[fptex] News

Richard Stanton stanton@haas.berkeley.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:48:35 -0800

Hi Fabrice.

I downloaded in a new directory using "getfptex full", which should have
downloaded the latest TeXsetup, as well as all the files (by the way, a very
minor thing - should the label be ":end", rather than "end:"? I get a
complaint about an unknown command or something).

Then I ran "TeXsetup" (no options), and asked to install, from the
supplements section:

imagick
latex2html
netpbm
pfe
psutils

Here, from the log file:

Selected Packages:
Collection supplement (supplement):
	supplement, french not selected
	supplement, gs5.50 not selected
	supplement, gs6.0 not selected
	supplement, imagick, 6245577 bytes
	supplement, latex2html, 48205417 bytes
	supplement, netpbm, 4577584 bytes
	supplement, ntemacs not selected
	supplement, perl not selected
	supplement, pfe, 1228721 bytes
	supplement, psutils, 201867 bytes
	supplement, texshell not selected
	supplement, winedt not selected
	supplement, winshell not selected
	supplement, xemacs not selected

1) No imagick. Here is an extract from later in the log file:

!!!No net access allowed, cannot grab
ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/supplementary/ImageMagick-5.2.0-win32.zip from
the Internet!!!

Note: I do not seem to have any files called image... in the download.

2) No latex2html (at least, no separate directory with executables).

3) pfe and netpbm WERE installed

4) psutils was not installed. Here's the entry from the log file:

unzip C:\scratch\fptexnew\C:\scratch\fptexnew\setupw32\psutils.zip -d c:\TeX
UnZip DLL:  cannot find either
C:\scratch\fptexnew\C:\scratch\fptexnew\setupw32\psutils.zip or
C:\scratch\fptexnew\C:\scratch\fptexnew\setupw32\psutils.zip.zip.

That's about it...

Richard Stanton
Associate Professor of Finance
Haas School of Business