fpTeX's home

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
25 Sep 2000 22:42:10 +0200

* Harriet B Borton <bortonh@rpi.edu> writes:

> Hi Fabrice, I've just downloaded (from CTAN) and written the
> TeXLive5 CD (gave up on getting it any time soon from TUG), and
> because of the new location of fptex, all the stuff that's to be
> downloaded from the internet fails. In particular, Winedt,
> ImageMagick, ghostscript/ghostview, perl.

Yes, this is silly. I'll try to fix this tomorrow evening.

> How should I deal with this?  Except for Imagemagick, I've found
> where I can get these things
> (ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/supplementary/ is that right?) but I
> don't know how to make sure they are installed in the right place
> and configured properly.

Not very difficult per se, but you need to know what you are doing.
Ghostscript : run the installer, choose c:\Local\GsTools
Ghostview : same thing, choose c:\Local\GsTools
Perl : unzip it in c:\Local\Perl, add c:\Local\Perl\bin to your PATH
WinEdt : run the installer, next unzip the fix on top of the files in
	c:\Program Files\WinEdt
	next unzip the configuration files (winedt5-cnf.zip) on top of
	the files in the same place
NetPBM : unzip it in c:\Local\Netpbm, add c:\Local\NetPBM\bin to your
	PATH

The next version of the installer will be more consistant in the way
to find out the files. The location of the files that are not on the
cdrom should not be hardcoded on the cdrom.

Fabrice