fptex 0.4 installation

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:40:39 +1100

I downloaded fptex 0.4 from ctan.

At some stage the installation wizard asks if you want to
install some extras like ghostscript, texshell, etc.
I couldn't select things that have to be downloaded
from the net (like Winedt, perl) -- that part of the
installation wizard's page was "greyed out". Why is this?
(I probably would have upgraded perl if it had just
been a matter of clicking in the right place.)

I discovered that I didn't get thumbpdf, even though I
selected "full installation". (No problem -- I got it
separately -- but I was surprised I didn't get it
automatically).

Bob Howlett