fptex 0.4 installation

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
22 Sep 2000 09:06:08 +0200

* Bob Howlett <bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au> writes:

> wizard's page was "greyed out". Why is this?  (I probably would have
> upgraded perl if it had just been a matter of clicking in the right
> place.)

These things are available only when you specify the --net-download
option to TeXSetup. If you want to give it a new try, you can run:

TeXSetup --net-download --add-package

check the appropriate boxes in the 'supplement' collection.
However, downloading Perl is a bit huge (> 10Mb). Win32 extensions and
Tcl/Tk are packaged with it. You can grab this perl from
ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/supplementary
You just need to adjust your PATH after unpacking it somewhere.

> I discovered that I didn't get thumbpdf, even though I selected
> "full installation". (No problem -- I got it separately -- but I was
> surprised I didn't get it automatically).

Thanks, I'll check it.

--
Fabrice