Override file location

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
24 Mar 2000 09:14:30 +0100

* Bob Howlett <bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au> writes:

> James Thompson wrote "I'd like to have texmf.cnf be the unix copy
> and texmf_w32.cnf be the windows copy in the same share/texmf/web2c/
> directory." This sounds to me like he wants to be able to change the
> name of the file rather than its location.

Since he wrote that the main reason was that he thought win32 wants
drive letters and Unix can't stand them, I assumed that there was no
other reason to maintain separate versions of texmf.cnf. But maybe
James can clarify his specific setup ?

> Fabrice's answer doesn't address this.  But why not change the
> location rather than the name?

In this case, you can share $TEXMFMAIN and setup 2 $VARTEXMF, one for
Unix, one for win32 with different texmf.cnf and you need to set the
TEXMFCNF environment variable.

Fabrice