Override file location

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:40:32 +1100

James Thompson wrote "I'd like to have texmf.cnf be the
unix copy and texmf_w32.cnf be the windows copy in the
same share/texmf/web2c/ directory." This sounds to me
like he wants to be able to change the name of the file
rather than its location. As far as I can see Fabrice's
answer doesn't address this.
But why not change the location rather than the name?

Bob Howlett