bug in mktexlsr ?

Eli Zaretskii eliz@is.elta.co.il
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:50:57 +0200 (IST)

On 15 Mar 2000, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> But in this case the directory name is considered to be absolute,
> where it is not really true. I mean : it is absolute as long as you do
> not change your current drive.

The easiest way to fight these nuisances is to make the argument
fully-qualified (including the drive letter) early in the main function,
and then proceed with the rest.

This has a side effect of reporting the file name not exactly as the user
typed it (e.g. in informative or error messages), but in my experience
users easily adapt to this.

I don't see any alternative ways of solving this particular problem in a
clean way, since the innards of Kpathsea (quite rightfully) treat \foo\bar
as an absolute file name, and the code has the Unix notion of a single
root directory deeply entrenched into it.