bug in mktexlsr ?

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
15 Mar 2000 15:15:52 +0100

Well, I just found this and I'm not sure how to make it better :
mktexlsr \local\tex\texmf.local
just reported to me that the directory was non-existent.
But it does exist.

So the answer is : the mktex* program are running in $TEMP. When their
arguments are not absolute (at least for mktexlsr), they prepend
$KPSE_DOT which has been set to the original directory.
But in this case the directory name is considered to be absolute,
where it is not really true. I mean : it is absolute as long as you do
not change your current drive.

So I'm afraid that changing  the status of uncompletely specified
paths like this one will break things. But in this case, the error
message is weird.

Any opinion ?

--
Fabrice