Problems generating PK files for PS fonts

Richard Stanton stanton@haas.berkeley.edu
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:20:11 -0800

windvi used to work fine on my system with PS fonts, generating PK files as
needed. I've just noticed that this isn't working any more. For example,
here's what happens when I try and view a document that uses Helvetica (I
used to be able to look at this with no problems):

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode hplaser --bdpi 300 --mag 2+81/300 --dpi
681 phvb8r gsftopk(k) version 1.17/600
 [1gs: P4
 gs: 16 16
 gs: gs: P4
 gs: 55 74

[... deleted LOTS of lines looking like this...]

gs: gmktexpk: Running gsftopk phvb8r 681 command gsftopk phvb8r 681 return 1
mktexpk: warning: can't open log file phvb8r.log. mktexpk: `gsftopk phvb8r
681' failed. kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
windvi: can't find font phvb8r; using cmr10 instead at 681 dpi.

Any idea what might be going wrong? One thought - I just upgraded to
ghostscript 6.0. Could that be relevant?

Richard Stanton