about windvi

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:52:58 +0200

> What I intend is to have a "typeset" button in Winedt that calls a script
> with the following behavior:
>
> "typeset" the document                        (no problem at this point)
> if no dvi is generated then exit            (no problem at this point)
> if windvi is already opened then         (how to check this ?)
>      update the display                  (this is done by windvi if it is
> not reopened)
> else
>     open windvi for the first time
> endif
>
> This could be done in my script file (but I do not know how to get the
> information in the script about the state, already opened or not, of
> windvi), or well windvi could manage this behavior (but if you open it
with
> the single instance option, windvi is opened again at the first page).

This is a feature that could be added. There could be actually more interest
for the 'single instance' feature to be per document. However, it will be
defered
until some other problems are fixed.

I do not know how to do it from .bat files. And it is certainly true that
Emacs could
handle that.

Fabrice