about windvi

Juan I. Montijano monti@posta.unizar.es
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:33:57 +0200

Hi again,

I am using the last version of fptex together with Winedt.  This editor has
really great features and I prefer to keep using it.

What I intend is to have a "typeset" button in Winedt that calls a script
with the following behavior:

"typeset" the document                        (no problem at this point)
if no dvi is generated then exit            (no problem at this point)
if windvi is already opened then         (how to check this ?)
     update the display                  (this is done by windvi if it is
not reopened)
else
    open windvi for the first time
endif

This could be done in my script file (but I do not know how to get the
information in the script about the state, already opened or not, of
windvi), or well windvi could manage this behavior (but if you open it with
the single instance option, windvi is opened again at the first page).

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
Juan Ignacio

--
Juan I. Montijano              e-mail:  monti@posta.unizar.es
Dept. Matematica Aplicada      Tf.:     +34 976 761120