next version

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@ese-metz.fr
08 Feb 1999 09:37:12 +0100

"Juan I. Montijano" <monti@posta.unizar.es> writes:

> Then, we could download just what we need (with the adequate previous
> information, of course).
> I have seen this in the installation of some software, but I do not know how
> difficult can be to prepare in this form.

Sure. For example, that's what MS does with Internet Explorer. And it
is nice. But not obvious to implement. IS allows only very simple
operations. Doing this would almost require to build an IS script per
package, and run those scripts from the main one. Not what I call a
clean solution : imagine what your screen would look like if the
package were split in 25 parts !

I will investigate the support for downloading components from the web
in MS tools. But I'm afraid that will work only with recent tools
(IE4).

--
Fabrice