next version

Juan I. Montijano monti@posta.unizar.es
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 09:11:38 +0100

Hi everyone,

Concerning the fptex installation package and its big size, I think that the
idea of using Install Shield so that you can select what you want to install
into your system is good.

One way to reduce the size of the file(s) to download could be to separate
the "independent" parts of the package in several files (e.g. fptex1.data,
fptex2.data, etc.) that should be used by the setup program only if the user
selects them.
Then, we could download just what we need (with the adequate previous
information, of course).
I have seen this in the installation of some software, but I do not know how
difficult can be to prepare in this form.

Concerning printing from windvi, some of my colleagues use dvihp to print in
an non postscript hp printer and they would use this possible option. In any
case, it is easy to use directly the dvihp program.

Regards,
Juan Ignacio

--
Juan I. Montijano              e-mail:  monti@posta.unizar.es
Dept. Matematica Aplicada      Tf.:     +34 976 761120