next version

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 18:20:13 +0100

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> Are you suggesting that the installation script should generate them?

Yes.

> As you should know from discussions on TEX-NL, even sophisticated
> users may be (unnecessarily) intimidated by the prospect of generating
> formats.

Yes. But I consider awareness of something format not that bad. I ould
not be surprised if many problems with updating part of macr packages is
due to lack of knowlegde on how to generate an updated format. BTW, for
context users, generating formats can handled by texexec, and only
minimal knowledge is needed.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl