next version

Eli Zaretskii eliz@is.elta.co.il
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:13:39 +0200 (IST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Erik Frambach wrote:

> I believe that 99% or more of the Windows users haven't the faintest idea
> what man pages are.

What do you suggest to users of a program that has a man page as its only
documentation?  Do you tell them to randomly poke around with the mouse
until it works?

> Not a single native Windows user uses Emacs or any Unix
> style program.

Where do you get your statistics?  Try reading the gnu.emacs.help group,
and you will see a lot of ``native'' Windows users there.  Try the
NTEmacs mailing list, and you will see much more of them.

> Therefore I would say: go for PDF only!

This assumes that every Windows machine has Acrobat installed.  From my
experience, this is not true.