tex4ht.c

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@esemetz.ese-metz.fr
23 Sep 1998 09:01:01 +0200

Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@elsevier.co.uk> writes:

> Fabrice POPINEAU writes:
>  > > unless you want to give me a complete compilable setup myself...
>  >
>  > I would like that very much. That would mean all this mess is cleaned up :-)
>  >
> I am sure it is, really. just details

You can pick up the sources from :

ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/TeX/win32-beta/src10046.zip

Unzip it in c:\source. Assuming you have a texmf tree in
c:\Local\TeX\texmf and you want the binaries to go to
c:\Local\TeX\bin\win32 :

cd c:\source
perl ./configure.pl --prefix=c:/Local/TeX --tools-prefix=c:/Local
nmake NODEBUG=1 install

WARNING : this will compile tex.exe (and co !) only with vc++ 6.0 !
Either 5.0 or 6.0 have buggy optimizer. I have not kept the hacks for
both versions of the compiler (as they do not coexist peacefully on
the same machine :-(( ) . Only the programs that rely on tex.web needs
the optimizer hack. All the other ones are fine.

> yesterday Hans Hagen showed me Gilbert van Doppelsteen (spelling?)'s
> dviview, which uses ATM to display fonts. nice.

That is something I should investigate. I wonder how difficult it
would be to integrate into windvi, given the fact that ATM extends the
fonts win32 calls to use the type1 fonts. It might be not so
difficult.

Fabrice