FW: fptex 0.1

Jody Klymak jklymak@apl.washington.edu
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:58:04 -0700

Jody Klymak                     APL/School of Oceanography,
                                University of Washington
jklymak@apl.washington.edu    (206)-685-9080
http://www.ocean.washington.edu/people/grads/jklymak/Klymak.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jody Klymak [mailto:jklymak@apl.washington.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 4:56 PM
To: Jody Klymak
Subject: RE: fptex 0.1

Hi again,

Well, let me partially answer my own question.  I decided to not modify
texmf.cnf and instead set an environment variable
TEXMF=d:/users/jklymak/texmf//;c:/TeX/{texmf.local;texmf}//
This allows me to junk the whole distribution and reinstall it without
problems.

The only file I need to edit is
c:/TeX/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
So I created a directory:
c:/TeX/texmf.local/dvips/config/config.ps
to overide the distribution.  This seems to work great.  It also allows me
to keep the distribution untouched.  If anyone knows of a better way to do
this let me know, but for now I am sticking with this.

The only other step was recreating the fmt files for pdftex as described in
the pdftex manual.

The distribution works great, and was a heck of a lot easier than earlier
versions (where you had to grub around for extra files alot).  Thanks for
the great job Fabrice!

Cheers,  Jody