fptex 0.1

Jody Klymak jklymak@apl.washington.edu
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:18:01 -0700

Hi All,

In the "old" version of fptex the distribution unpacked into
c:/TeX/share/texmf.  Now it seems to want to unpack into c:/TeX/texmf.  Is
this the new reccomended behaviour?

Secondly, I am a little ignorant about how to setup the distribution vs. my
local tree.  I have made a folder c:/TeX/texmf.local  In it I placed a
subfolder web2c and put an edited version of texmf.cnf in there.  Is this
the reccomended way of keeping local configuration files (and style files)
from being wiped out by a total re-install?  I'm sure people have thought
about this, so i thought I would get the best advice.

Thanks,  Jody

Jody Klymak                     APL/School of Oceanography,
                                University of Washington
jklymak@apl.washington.edu    (206)-685-9080
http://www.ocean.washington.edu/people/grads/jklymak/Klymak.html