windvi 0.51

P.W.Daly, MPAe, Lindau, Germany daly@linpwd.mpae.gwdg.de
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:09:31 +0200

Report on windvi 0.51 (Windows 95)

On the first try I do not get any fonts displayed. It is necessary to go
into Options / Windvi /View Config
and change either In memory or PostScript. I save this, close windvi
and start again. Now I have the fonts, and I can reset the options to their
original values, and I still get the fonts on later runs. (However, the In
memory option is switched off, even after I have enabled it.)

The log file window does not close when windvi is terminated.

When I view a PostScript graphic, the colour of the text goes crazy and becomes
unreadable. The graphics is blank. I then switch the PS button twice, and I
have the graphics, but the text (on all pages) is still illegible. It is a
smeared-out blue.

Printing (non-PS): I only get explicit lines (rules), no fonts.

I shall reinstall 0.50 until you offer another version to test.

Patrick
   Dr. Patrick W. Daly                    Tel. [+49] 5556-979-279
   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Aeronomie     Fax. [+49] 5556-979-240
   Max-Planck-Str. 2
   D-37191 Katlenburg-Lindau              Internet: daly@linmpi.mpg.de
   Germany