windvi 0.51 failures

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@esemetz.ese-metz.fr
20 Jul 1998 13:52:11 +0200

I'm working on it and I'm really sorry that it has failed that
much. The main problem was : I tried to keep code for in-memory
drawing and direct drawing. But only the latter to work. To be sure to
use direct drawing, call windvi with :

windvi +inmemory foo.dvi

Next, the value of the parameter will be saved in you .cnf file and
you will not be allowed to change it.

Now, fonts should display. But there is another error that shows up
only under W95 : the configuration dialog boxes (actually, the
property sheet) ends up with a GPF under W95, but not under NT. I
still wonder if it could be a dll version problem (I do not have the
latest ie4.01 on any w95 machine here).

Fabruce