[edutex] Merging Forms and Data on the Server-side and flattening the PDF

story at uakron.edu story at uakron.edu
Thu Aug 20 17:27:48 CEST 2009

I'm investigating a product called FDFMerge Lite by Appligent,
see http://www.appligent.com/fdfmerge-le

The cost is just under $1000. It does server-side merging of a FDF (and xFDF) file
with a PDF file, it saves it, and optionally flattens it  (so that the form fields cannot be
changed). The application is available on a variety of platforms.

I've downloaded a trial copy for windows, and will write a simple script (vbscript)
to merge PDF and FDF, server-side, and save it to a folder.  I'll be using the FDF Toolkit.

More later.

don

--
Dr. D. P. Story / Dept. of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics / The University of Akron /
Akron, OH 44325 / dpstory at uakron.edu /