[dvipdfmx] Fw: Re: [tex-k] dvipdfmx: Apparent bug

Laurence Finston Laurence.Finston at gmx.de
Tue May 10 02:27:06 CEST 2022

> Thanks.  Now I just have to get it configured properly.

This is just for the benefit of anyone else who might have a similar problem:

It worked to just copy the executable dvipdfmx to my /usr/bin/ directory but under a different name (I used dvipdfmx_local).  It did not work to backup the old dvipdfmx and copy the new one using the same name because the dvipdfmx in /usr/bin is a symbolic link to xdvipdfmx, like several others as well.

Not the best solution certainly but adequate as a stop-gap.

Laurence