[dvipdfmx] Intermittent xdvipdfmx failure

Tim Eyre mail at nihilist.org.uk
Sun Jan 24 19:26:15 CET 2021

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 17:28, Shunsaku Hirata
<shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim-san,
>
> I tried that w32tex binary of dvipdfmx and could not reproduce the crash here.
>
> I don't know if it works for your environment but I put my own build
> of the latest
> TeXLive source on the following page:
>
>   https://shirat74.github.io/
>
> I think just replacing xdvipdfmx.exe is enough.
>
> Thanks for the cooperation.

Hirata-san,

Your build of xdvipdfmx.exe does not crash. Domo arigatou gozaimasu.

I think the next question is: How do we get your good build into
TeXLive? Whom should I contact?

I noticed that your build is a standalone xdvipdfmx.exe (6,150,055
bytes) but TeXLive packages the xdvipdfmx binary as a small exe (1,536
bytes) + dvipdfmx.dll. Therefore it looks like the TeXLive build is
different to yours. I don't know whether this is significant; it is
just an observation.

Tim