[dvipdfmx] "mktexpk" is not disabled for fonts loaded by relative path

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 19 23:33:04 CEST 2020

    I still don't understand why dvipdfmx needs to be "fixed" so that
    it works like "dvips".

Shunsaku - 1) as sent to the list, Akira looked into this and discovered
that pdftex behaves like dvipdfmx. So it seems to me either both should
be changed or it's not worth the bother. And it doesn't seem so critical
to me that it's worth spending time on (although I think the change
is tiny).

2) however, in principle, I think the dvips behavior is better (as I
also already said). If the user asks for a font in a specific place
(./foo or ../foo or /foo), I think it makes sense to assume they want
control over what is found, and not to automatically do anything.

In other words, feel free to do nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

Best,
Karl