[accessibility] Seeking Help for Producing Accessible PDF

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Jun 22 01:06:25 CEST 2021

On 20/6/21 5:07 pm, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> but I strongly recommend to use TeXLive on all your computers
> including Windows and Linux.  There are two reasons for this:
I fully support this recommendation, based on experience.
> 2.  TeXLive can be easily managed and configured using command line
>      only.  This makes it the most accessible distribution with respect
>      to administration.

This is also true. Installation under Linux is made easier by the
availability of packages for various distributions. Under Mac OS, it can
be installed by downloading MacTeX manually or by installing it with
HomeBrew.

The installation process under Microsoft Windows is more problematic,
but it can be worked around. The graphical installer wasn't very
accessible with a screen reader when I last tried it, so I needed to
extract the archive manually and run the command line setup tool. I
apologize for the vagueness of this description; I can't remember the
steps in detail anymore. By contrast, Linux and Mac OS are trivial so
far as installation is concerned.

Also, Arch Linux has a package in the Arch User Repository that installs
TeX Live directly from the upstream release, rather than a custom
packaged version.