[accessibility] Seeking Help for Producing Accessible PDF

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Sat Jun 19 17:54:03 CEST 2021

s> From: sanchit <sanchitjghule at gmail.com>
s> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:03:17 +0530

s> I've added cmap package but no go. still my screen reader could not
s> pronounce words with "fi" and "fl" correctly.

[...]

s> I get the following error for all of my images
s> LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in images/ (no BoundingBox)
s> Overfull \hbox (27.66043pt too wide)

Hmmm.  I checked your pdf, and found another interesting thing:  the
hyperlinks are never split.

These findings make me suspect that you use the "traditional" route to
create your PDF: latex to get DVI, then some DVI to PDF conversion.
Is this correct?  If so, there is no surprise you get inaccessible
PDFs and have troubles with jpg files: DVI is an old format, and does
not know much about accessibility or jpg (and does not easily split
hyperlinks either).

What is your toolchain?  Can you try the direct one:  the command

pdflatex FILE

makes PDF directly.  It should produce more accessible PDFs and deal
with jpg.

Also, could you share the sources of your paper and the logs?

Thanks!

--
Good luck

-Boris

The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to
hang yourself.  And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.