TUG Unix CD: HTML documentation

Pierre MacKay TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:28:23 -0800

On the use of CD as a resource for TeX support files.

    Sebastian's experience suggests that some CD players are a great
deal more equal than others.  I find that with a single flat directory
I get good results, but with anything beyond that the minutes fly
like hours.  That, however, may be platform specific :-{

The selfdir feature.

    This makes me even more eager to wrap up what I am presently
doing and get to the new version.  I was just worrying over that
very question a week ago and now you assure me that it is all
taken care of.

I think I will move out to the sidelines on this effort for now.
But I shall watch your progress with interest.

--
|                             N O T I C E                               |