TUG Unix CD: HTML documentation

Sebastian Rahtz TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:44:12 GMT

 > deal more equal than others.  I find that with a single flat directory
 > I get good results, but with anything beyond that the minutes fly
 > like hours.  That, however, may be platform specific :-{
but do you have an ls-R file? surely thats what makes the difference?

 > I think I will move out to the sidelines on this effort for now.
 > But I shall watch your progress with interest.

the more i think about this, i realize that we will none of us do a
proper job until all packages on CTAN come with a "expand me into TDs
format" script of some kind. without this, people like Pierrer,
myself, the 4alltex people etc, will waste time "installing" packages
which have to be redone whenever they are released.

roll on the TDS registry!

QUESTION

i am getting very confused over texmf/source and texmf/doc for .dtx
files. if you take a package with his
  x.ins
  x.dtx
  sample.tex
  readme

what files do you put in which directory in a really nice working TDS?

sebastian