[XeTeX] Xetex to HTML ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 17 20:43:32 CEST 2013

Am 17.09.2013 um 19:56 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Both pdflatex and xelatex (actually xdvipdfmx) can convert eps->pdf on the fly in recent TeX Live (and other I suppose) distributions. Pdflatex, with the graphicx package, uses a restricted version of epstopdf to convert file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf and includes that file while xdvipdfmx does the conversion in a tmp directory.

Exactly! The problem is that this is not controlled by the user and might degrade original quality.  And this can happen twice when a tool tries to convert the PDF format into another one. Particularly then when one tries to use the same set of images for different purposes it's worth to spend a few thoughts on their formats and how to achieve them.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bake pizza not war!