[XeTeX] Xetex to HTML ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 17 19:56:37 CEST 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 17.09.2013 um 08:36 schrieb Fahad Al-Saidi:
>
>> My book includes a lot of eps pictures.
>
> That cannot work! XeTeX, and pdfTeX, cannot directly include EPS files into the PDF output. Either create vector PDF versions of them or SVG formats, which might be the best option for HTML.
>
> Once you have created the PDF format of your XeLaTeX source you can use pdftohtml from the most recent xpdf or poppler packages. It will use PNG by default for images. I did not test whether and how it handles RTL text. There is also an option to produce XML.

Howdy,

Both pdflatex and xelatex (actually xdvipdfmx) can convert eps->pdf on the fly in recent TeX Live (and other I suppose) distributions. Pdflatex, with the graphicx package, uses a restricted version of epstopdf to convert file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf and includes that file while xdvipdfmx does the conversion in a tmp directory.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)