[XeTeX] Xetex to HTML ?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 23:05:33 CEST 2013

Dne úterý, 17. září 2013, Peter Dyballa napsal(a):

> Am 17.09.2013 um 19:56 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
> > Both pdflatex and xelatex (actually xdvipdfmx) can convert eps->pdf on
> the fly in recent TeX Live (and other I suppose) distributions. Pdflatex,
> with the graphicx package, uses a restricted version of epstopdf to convert
> file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf and includes that file while xdvipdfmx
> does the conversion in a tmp directory.
>
> Exactly! The problem is that this is not controlled by the user and might
> degrade original quality.  And this can happen twice when a tool tries to
> convert the PDF format into another one. Particularly then when one tries
> to use the same set of images for different purposes it's worth to spend a
> few thoughts on their formats and how to achieve them.

That's true. I prefer to write a makefile and convert the eps files outside
TeX. For the sam reason I would not use PDF to HTML conversion. Well
written latex file contains a structure and EPUB should also have a
structure. It is not easy to reconstruct the structure from mere font
changes in PDF. This is the very reason why I have not tried such tools at
all.

> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete