[XeTeX] Strange problem with Mr. Vafa's xmoderncv class

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 13 17:20:52 CET 2009

Am 13.01.2009 um 15:13 schrieb Alan Jones:

> ** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
> ** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: aealbattar ae_AlBattar
> "ArabeyesArabicEncoding ReEncodeFont" <ararabeyes.enc <ae_albattar.pfb
> ** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at:
> file="pdftex.map", line=6.
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --
> dpi 657 umvs
> mktexpk: Running gsftopk umvs 657
> gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2

You have a problem with fonts, which can be based on missing MAP
files, not with gs. (sudo) updmap-sys is your friend ...

The first warning seems to imply that no MAP file exists (it's name
is obviously revealed in the third warning). The second warning
references a line from the MAP file used. The third warning names the
problem exactly:

	line #6 of (/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/
updmap/)pdftex.map

I remember eMails from two years ago in which an erroneous set (I
think) of lines in the pdftex.map files was described. Obviously
Debian Linux is so "stable" that even well-known bugs don't get
removed ... You need to do it manually then! (A hint, since I don't
know what's written on that line: compare the syntax with that of
lines more towards the end, for example those that reference Computer
Modern fonts, which should be OK! The first five lines probably are
comments.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time flies like an error – but fruit flies like a banana!
                              (almost Groucho Marx)