[XeTeX] Transliteration mapping for Greek ?

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Feb 17 11:22:06 CET 2009

Bonjour Rémy,

Rémy Oudompheng a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was a little surprised not to find an already implemented way of
> typing Greek (like with the babel package) for XeTeX. I have written a
> quick-and-dirty Teckit mapping for Greek which is supposed to feel like
> the babel mapping:
>    http://math.unice.fr/~oudomphe/xetex/greek-babel.map
>
> It doesn't work out of the box, since you still have to disable the
> behaviour of ~ making non-breaking spaces.

With your permission I would be glad to integrate this into polyglossia
(as an option of the greek module), where it would then work "out of the
box", and which could be activated with e.g.
\setotherlanguage[input=babel]{greek}.

> Is there a reason such a file was not included in a package before (like
> Arabic mappings in arabxetex) ? I think it could be useful to people not
> willing to deal with configuration of input methods...

This is probably because most XeTeX users who deal with Greek are happy
using whatever input method their system provides. :)

Regards,