[XeTeX] Transliteration mapping for Greek ?

Rémy Oudompheng oudomphe at clipper.ens.fr
Tue Feb 17 10:46:48 CET 2009

Hello,

I was a little surprised not to find an already implemented way of
typing Greek (like with the babel package) for XeTeX. I have written a
quick-and-dirty Teckit mapping for Greek which is supposed to feel like
the babel mapping:
   http://math.unice.fr/~oudomphe/xetex/greek-babel.map

It doesn't work out of the box, since you still have to disable the
behaviour of ~ making non-breaking spaces.

Is there a reason such a file was not included in a package before (like
Arabic mappings in arabxetex) ? I think it could be useful to people not
willing to deal with configuration of input methods...

Regards,
  Rémy.