[XeTeX] Using Concrete (and other) fonts with XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Apr 9 16:48:31 CEST 2009

Am 09.04.2009 um 09:05 schrieb Václav Šmilauer:

> I was trying to use \setmainfont, but as far as I can tell it works
> only
> with ttf/otf/ps1 fonts that are installed, not with .tfm. (Or am I
> just
> not able to get the font name for Concrete I should pass to
> \setmainfont)?

XeTeX is supposed to work with Unicode encoded fonts. Computer Modern
Concrete is not of this type. So better leave it – to LaTeX!

> I have the same issue with \usepackage{palatino} (Adobe Palatino),
> where
> I use \setmainfont{URW Palladio L} (URW "Palatino").

Does fc-list list URW Palladio? If not, then you have two options:
tell XeTeX the path name of the font file or tell libfontconfig where
this font (file) is. And, BTW, it's not good to mix usual characters
and quotes in a font name.

--
Greetings

   Pete

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?
None.
They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.