[XeTeX] Using Concrete (and other) fonts with XeLaTeX

Václav Šmilauer eudoxos at arcig.cz
Thu Apr 9 09:05:09 CEST 2009

Hello,

I recently switched to xelatex and I am not able to find out how to used
Concrete font for text and Euler for math. Searching google and reading
docs gave no answer either. In regular LaTeX I would
\usepackage{concrete}. In XeLaTeX, I tried

  \usepackage{euler,fontspec,xunicode,concrete}

but I get

  LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `EU1/ccr/m/n' undefined
  (Font)              using `EU1/lmr/m/n' instead on input line 5.

and the result is typeset in computer modern.

I was trying to use \setmainfont, but as far as I can tell it works only
with ttf/otf/ps1 fonts that are installed, not with .tfm. (Or am I just
not able to get the font name for Concrete I should pass to \setmainfont)?

I have the same issue with \usepackage{palatino} (Adobe Palatino), where
I use \setmainfont{URW Palladio L} (URW "Palatino").

I will be glad for any pointers or suggestions.

Regards, Vaclav Smilauer