[XeTeX] Using Concrete (and other) fonts with XeLaTeX

Václav Šmilauer eudoxos at arcig.cz
Thu Apr 9 20:40:35 CEST 2009

> > XeTeX is supposed to work with Unicode encoded fonts. Computer
> > Modern
> > Concrete is not of this type. So better leave it – to LaTeX!

Thanks for this, I was able to google out
http://cm-unicode.sourceforge.net/ and after unpacking .otf files to
~/.fonts and running fc-cache, I can use \setmainfont{CMU Concrete}.

For Euler, which as far as I found doesn't exist as math otf, I was able
to load it with \usepackage{eulervm}, and although there is a warning

 Package eulervm Warning: Unknown Operator Encoding!
 (eulervm)                Math accents may be wrong: assuming OT1 positions.

it works.

> > I have the same issue with \usepackage{palatino} (Adobe Palatino),
> > where
> > I use \setmainfont{URW Palladio L} (URW "Palatino").

Sorry, I wasn't clear here. \usepackage{palatino} fails, but
\setmainfont{URW Palladio L} works. The first would load the Adobe font
(in pdflatex), the other one loads the URW one.

Cheers,

Vaclav