[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.997 on Windows with texlive

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Aug 7 04:33:05 CEST 2007

Hi Michel Goossens,

> After watching Jonathan's presentation at TUG2007 I wanted to install
> XeTeX Dev 0.997 from Akira Kakuto's webpage, where he explains how to
> install and run his w32tex together with texlive
> (http://www.fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp/kakuto/win32-ptex/web2c75-e.html)
>
> But although I got something to work a few months ago, I now always get
> (from a cmd window) the following error message in a popup immediately
> when I type the command xetex

Please try as follows:
(1) Expand the latest xetex-dev-w32.tar.bz2 in a suitable
    temporary directory.
(2) Copy binary files in "bin" into TeXLive's "bin/win32".
(3) Replace xetex.fmt and xelatex.fmt by the new ones.
(4) Replace unicode-letters.tex by the new one.
Don't touch other parts of TeXLive 2007.

Best regards,
Akira