[XeTeX] MathTime fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Sep 4 21:37:32 CEST 2004

Le 4 sept. 04, à 20:34, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 4 Sep 2004, at 6:07 pm, Paul Edney wrote:
>
>> Now for XeTeX: I got everything running (i.e., finds and load system
>> fonts just fine, works like a charm with euler), except for MathTime
>> and CM.  I get the same blank screen with a few lines and +, -, (,
>> and ) symbols.  I read the XeTeX FAQ about CM, generated .otf files
>> from the .pfb,
>
> How did you generate .otf files from the .pfb ones? Creating .otf
> files that will work right with XeTeX can be a bit of a hassle, and I
> haven't gotten everything documented nicely yet. (Sorry!)
>
> [...]
>
>> so I carried on with
>> xdv2pdf -v myfile.xdv
>>
>> and get
>> [1
>> {fontmap:
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/
>> psfonts.map}
>> {activated:
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/otf/xetex/bluesky/mathtime/
>> mtsy.otf}
>> {activated:
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/otf/xetex/bluesky/mathtime/
>> mtex.otf} ]
>
> So it's finding the .otf files you installed...
>
>> Activated, but I still get a blank output (aside from the few lines).
>
> ...but not finding the actual glyphs you want.
>
> Could you check your psfonts.map file and tell me what the actual
> entries for these fonts look like? I don't have the Mathtime fonts and
> so I'm not in a position to try and duplicate your exact setup.

This is also an issue I've been wondering about for some time. I miss
being able to use Lucida and MathTime fonts with XeTeX. On their own,
or combined with other OS X fonts: OS X fonts, in XeTeX, work nicely
for text, but there is no specific math fonts to go with them, and the
CM math fonts look really too thin to fit in nicely with them; I've
been willing to use Lucida NewMath fonts, for example, combined with an
OS X text font. Example (Lucida NewMath with Trebuchet MS):