[tldistro] koma-script should mark files under doc/ as doc and source/ as source

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 8 09:22:56 CET 2012

On Mi, 07 Mär 2012, pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
> 	# koma-script (probably by mistake) miss doc and source
> 	# modifiers; auto add it based on basedir
> 	$doc = "%doc " if ($doc eq "" and
> 			   (m!^\%\{_texmfdistdir\}/(doc|source)/! or
> 			    m!^\%\{_texmfdir\}/(doc|source)/!));

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!

THat is a conscious decision based on an agreement with
thee author of koma-script. He will otherwise NOT allow to
include koma-script at all.

There is a LONG history, with many many emails, search for
	koma-script
	CTAN
	texlive
(and also in relation to Debian).

Trust me, trust us on that. It took us LONG time to convince
Markus that he re-uploads koma-script to CTAN,and under the agreemtn
that all files are distributed together.

Be aware, that this is his interpretation of the license, the work
is *everything* including the documentation, and *has*to*be*
distributed together.

We honour that, so please also distributions, honour his decision,
and our agreement.

Thanks.

Norbert
BEDFONT
A lurching sensation in the pit of the stomach experienced at
breakfast in a hotel, occasioned by the realisation that it is about
now that the chamber-maid will have discovered the embarrassing stain
on your bottom sheet.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff