[tldistro] koma-script should mark files under doc/ as doc and source/ as source

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Fri Mar 9 19:22:53 CET 2012

> On Mi, 07 Mär 2012, pcpa at mandriva.com.br wrote:
>> 	# koma-script (probably by mistake) miss doc and source
>> 	# modifiers; auto add it based on basedir
>> 	$doc = "%doc " if ($doc eq "" and
>> 			   (m!^\%\{_texmfdistdir\}/(doc|source)/! or
>> 			    m!^\%\{_texmfdir\}/(doc|source)/!));
>
> DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!
>
> THat is a conscious decision based on an agreement with
> thee author of koma-script. He will otherwise NOT allow to
> include koma-script at all.

  Many thanks for the information. Actually I used a slightly
different approach in the perl script than what I posted. But
asked in the mailing list as you see, because I thought it could
be by mistake. E.g. like when I manually patch the generate file
list because it lists a file that does not exist (usually some
backup file), or when I add some quirk to my scripts due to things
like version downgrade (adding a rpm Epoch).

> There is a LONG history, with many many emails, search for
> 	koma-script
> 	CTAN
> 	texlive
> (and also in relation to Debian).
>
> Trust me, trust us on that. It took us LONG time to convince
> Markus that he re-uploads koma-script to CTAN,and under the agreemtn
> that all files are distributed together.
>
> Be aware, that this is his interpretation of the license, the work
> is *everything* including the documentation, and *has*to*be*
> distributed together.

  Ok. Note that the files are indeed distributed in the same rpm
package, just that when installing, the user (usually advanced user)
may choose to use the option that unpacks the rpm tarball, but does
not install doc or source tagged files. Either way, I am reverting
that patch and submitting a newer texlive-koma-script package.

> We honour that, so please also distributions, honour his decision,
> and our agreement.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Norbert
> Norbert Preining            preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
> JAIST, Japan                                 TeX Live & Debian Developer
> DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
> BEDFONT
> A lurching sensation in the pit of the stomach experienced at
> breakfast in a hotel, occasioned by the realisation that it is about
> now that the chamber-maid will have discovered the embarrassing stain
> on your bottom sheet.
> 			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Again, thanks for the information,
Paulo