[tlbuild] CMake

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 07:11:17 CET 2018

ned., 23. dec. 2018 00:28 je oseba Karl Berry napisala:

> I know automake/autoconf are seen as painful. I don't disagree, but I
> believe it's because software configuration is inherently, unavoidably,
> horribly painful nowadays. I am not aware of any system that could
> replace it for TL's situation, with many heterogenous packages coming
> from many different sources. (CMake is not even remotely flexible
> enough.)

What are the major drawbacks / concerns / missing functionality? The
quality of FindFoo?

I thought it was just lack of manpower combined with complexity of the tree
preventing us from switching to CMake or Meson. (Ability to get a decently
recent version of either build system on ancient boxes is yet another thing
of course, with ninja not even working on some archs.)