[tlbuild] asy 2.41 sources committed for trial

John Bowman bowman at ualberta.ca
Sun Mar 26 18:37:16 CEST 2017

Hi Mojca,
For the CTAN build (only) I removed -std=c++11 to support older platforms
that do not yet fully
support C++11. So I don't know how it got back in there, unless you are
compiling from the github or sourceforge source. Some newer operating
systems apparently require the -std=c++11 but
for unordered_map but we don't actually use any C++11 features yet. You can
override this flag
like I did (by editing configure.ac) for the CTAN build with

./configure  CXXFLAGS=""
or, if you prefer,
./configure  CXXFLAGS="ansi"

As for readline, not having support for this library makes asymptote
essentially useless for interactive work. You just need to upgrade to GNU
readline 4.3 or later, which has been around
since 2004. Some nonGNU readline libraries are missing the history
functionality.

The libOSMesa library, which provides offscreen rendering, is not needed by
the vast majority of users.

Regards,

-- John