[tlbuild] asy 2.41 sources committed for trial

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 13:19:36 CEST 2017

On 23 March 2017 at 23:44, Karl Berry wrote:

> John has made another Asymptote release, essentially reverting the build
> system (C++11 madness) to what it was for last year. Now in TL.
>
> Please give it a try at your convenience. (But still don't commit
> anything to Master.)

On Solaris I get a weird warning (but the compilation succeeds):

configure: WARNING: unordered_map: accepted by the compiler, rejected
by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: unordered_map: proceeding with the compiler's result

Compiler and flags:

/opt/csw/bin/g++-5.2 -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-DUSEGC  -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -DFFTWPP_SINGLE_THREAD  -std=c++11 -g
-O3 -fno-var-tracking

On Mac OS X 10.6 it fails to build with default compiler (probably
expected), but compilation with clang-3.4 goes smoothly (at least for
i386 and x86_64, there were some problems with the hardly relevant
ppc), with two warnings:

configure: *** Could not find GNU libreadline 4.3 or later: will
compile without readline support ***
configure: *** Could not find libOSMesa: will compile without
offscreen rendering support ***

The first one could most likely be fixed easily by adding a statically
built libreadline if required.