[tlbuild] 2014 and Solaris 10 and 11 (SPARC, x86, x86-64)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 19 22:15:19 CET 2014

    Last year, someone on this list DID succeed in getting Solaris builds,

Yes, me.

I used sunlit, with the gcc 4.5.0 in /usr/local/bin.  I did not use any
special flags to anything, just ran ./Build at the top level.  I did not
try to build asy or xindy.

However, that was last year.  This year, the ICU we are forced into now
does not work with gcc 4.5 (too old).  I compiled gcc 4.8.2 (in
utah:~karl/gnu/bin if you want to play with it, not that you'll want to
use it from there for "real", I'm sure) -- that works with ICU but fails
on libpng (too new).  I thought Mojca's success came from using two
different compilers for different parts of the tree; I hope I
misunderstood and things are better than that.

As for luajittex, don't hold your breath for a pretty configure check.
I suggest using --disable-luajittex by default.  (That goes for
everyone.)  Sorry.

karl