[tlbuild] "dvi2tty" test failure

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jan 27 11:33:25 CET 2011

On 27 January 2011 Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

 > > > I am afraid, but current trunk still has the same test failure,
 > > > and on Kubuntu 10.10
 > >
 > > Same here (Gentoo x86-64), and there is nothing suspicious in the
 > > Environment.
 >
 > Hi Angelo and Reinhard,
 >
 > (1) what is your /bin/sh?  I know that (some versions of) Ubuntu
 > use dash but have no idea about Kubuntu and Gentoo.  But I do know
 > that there are some dash-related problems.

Hi Peter,

/bin/sh --version
GNU bash, version 4.1.7(2)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

 > (2) in case you have a bash: please replace '/bin/sh' in the first
 > line of dvi2tty.test by PATH-TO-BASH or '/usr/bin/env bash' and run
 > 'make check' in the dvi2tty build directory (e.g.,
 > Work/texk/dvi2tty).

This makes no difference.

I must admit that I don't understand your test.  When I compare the
output of dvi2tty with the source file test.tex, I see that the
verbatim parts are identical, isn't this what you expect?

In other words, I don't understand test.tty.  Is this file wrong?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25