[tlbuild] "dvi2tty" test failure

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Jan 27 08:44:41 CET 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> On 26 January 2011 Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
> > > I have a very strong suspicion that you have DVI2TTY=c (or
> > > similar) in the environment and could in fact reproduce the
> > > failure with such setting.
> > >
> > > Should now be fixed (r21175), I would appreciate if you can
> > > confirm this.
> >
> > I am afraid, but current trunk still has the same test failure, and
> > on Kubuntu 10.10
>
> Same here (Gentoo x86-64), and there is nothing suspicious in the
> Environment.

Hi Angelo and Reinhard,

(1) what is your /bin/sh?  I know that (some versions of) Ubuntu use dash
but have no idea about Kubuntu and Gentoo.  But I do know that there are
some dash-related problems.

(2) in case you have a bash: please replace '/bin/sh' in the first line of
dvi2tty.test by PATH-TO-BASH or '/usr/bin/env bash' and run 'make check' in
the dvi2tty build directory (e.g., Work/texk/dvi2tty).

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>