[texhax] clas brief

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:21:49 CET 2005

> Btw there is another major problem: as blind and Lynx browser user, when
> I surf the net, I only see manuals in pdf, so I still have to transform
> them in txt or html (I'm a Linux console (textmode) user only). And when
> doing that some layout informations is lost; so searching for the exact
> info is quite heavy.

This is plainly not good enough.  Can your computer read things to
you? -- or are you a screen-only user?

We (as CTAN) have been encouraging people to submit pdf versions of
their package documentation.  I had assumed that PDF can be used by
all and sundry now -- perhaps we need to rethink?

We have a visually disabled user here, who's put a lot of effort into
web accessibility; perhaps I can help sort something out for you.
Please contact me off-list.

> Question: how can we ask for implementing info inside a file? or
> providing more examples? And how to contact Johannes braams who seem to
> be the newer brief.cls maintainer?

Johannes is definitely difficult to contact: he can only work in the
evenings on TeX stuff, and he has a family...  I'll see if I can
provoke him to contact you direct.

> PS: if I'm not in touch with the appropriate person/instance, feel free
> to fwd me to the right one.

Texhax is as good an address as most.  It's generally good practice to
mention you've been posting about the same problem elsewhere (if you
have).

Robin Fairbairns
rf at cl.cam.ac.uk