[texhax] clas brief

W.J. Metzger wes at hef.ru.nl
Wed Jan 19 17:08:53 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Aldo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first of all let me tell you that I'm very very new to TeX/LaTeX,
> I'm visually impaired and I like to use this solution since it is
> the best one for presenting correctly articles, reports and letters.
>
> Today I'd like to write you because I'm desperate:
> I'm looking for may weeks for contacting the current maintainer of the
> brief.cls (Dutch) because he did a big mistake: he created a letter style who
> is ok for the Netherlands but in Belgium we use a style who is much more
> equivalent to the French lettre one;
> I mean: it concerns the fact that in our country the destination
> address *must* come at the right part of your letter, to be read in the
> window of the envelope. Well, the brief.cls places by defaut the
> destination address on the left, and although he explains that there
> exist an option "adresrechts" in the file
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contribs/NTGClass/
> with no more explanations it is absolutely impossible for a newbie to
> know what to do exactly.

I have not tried this, but from the brief.cls file it appears that
adresrechts is an option of the class.  So try

\documentclass[11pt,dutch,adresrechts]{brief}

Good luck,  Wes

--
Dr. W. J. Metzger            Experimental High Energy Physics Group
tel. +31-24-3653127          Faculty of Natural Sciences
e-mail:  wes at hef.kun.nl      or   Wesley.Metzger at cern.ch
http://home.cern.ch/metzger/ or   http://www.hef.ru.nl/~wes
  (**)  On 1 Sept. 2004 the University of Nijmegen changed its name